Money has the power to buy your needs. The
more you save it, the better your forthcoming days are. This is what I hear at
home from my parents. It happened that I was in seventh standard when I saw one
of my classmates showing his friends a hundred rupee note from his wallet. I
went near to the group and heard that his father gave him this note as a pocket
money.
On that day I came to know the meaning of "Pocket Money". It was not that I didn't get money from home for my expenses, but I used to get it in a little different way. My dad never gave me money at the beginning of the month. I used to get money through service. Yes, you heard true.
In our house, I am the youngest child and I was supposed to run here and there to bring whatever item was asked to me. So, everyday, I rode to nearby shopping center and fetch two pouches of milk. It cost me sixteen rupees per litre and I was given twenty rupees. I used to keep the change with me. Same way I could save another four rupees in the evening. This routine never stopped until I was in twelfth standard. I had a luxury to ride bicycle and hangout with my friends or to go to playground to play cricket for this small service which I loved to do.
I didn't have the piggy bank as my sister had. She had the habit of putting coins in the piggy bank. She asked me one day whether I wanted to give the money I had, to her, so that she could put it into her piggy bank. I said no. I don't the know reason, but I shied to keep money in that box thinking that only girls do such things, not boys.
One afternoon, I was coming back from school and saw a string of wallets hanging in the paan shop. Immediately, I stopped and parked my bicycle near to the shop. I asked the price of it and he told me sixty rupees. My heart started beating faster than it was a little before. To dispel the idea of buying a wallet, I said to myself that why should one spend money to save money. I took my bicycle and went off from there.
Next day in the school, I was looking out of the window at the person selling puffs and dabelis placed on a small table. I was waiting for the recess time. I rushed to that spot and told him to give me one puff. He asked for five rupees. While taking out the five one rupee coins from my pocket, I thought not to eat. I moved few steps back and paved way for other students to buy it. I sat down on a cement bench thinking about savings. I quickly decided that I would save eight rupees every day and wait until the amount sums up to hundred rupees such that even I would have hundred rupee note.
Like this I skipped my breakfast in recess time and sat under a tree thinking of only one thing - Hundred rupee note - for few days. I was hungry too, but pacified my heart saying that let me first complete my goal. I had already gathered sixty-six rupees and was near to my target. Nowadays, I was very active in saving every coin I could get from my home, no matter even if it was from a temple at home where my mom used to keep some change to please God. It was a bad habit to steal that money, but what could I do? What about my goal? Who would fulfill it other than God? So, I was at my ease of searching coins every day.
I went to shop, as usual in the evening, to get milk. By this time I saved seventy rupees. Only thirty rupees was left to fulfill my goal. On the same day I was supposed to go to mobile shop to get the mobile cover for my brother's cell phone. I had confidence that I would bargain with the shopkeeper and save ten rupees from this it. When the shopkeeper showed me the cover and agreed to give me for ninety rupees - my brother gave me hundred rupees - I was glad.
I surfed my pockets for some time and found that I had lost all my money. Shopkeeper understood the situation and took back the mobile cover from my hand. My eyes welled up with tears. I was not worried whether my brother would scold me or not. The thing which made me weak was those seventy rupees which I saved after staying hungry during recess time. From that day, I made up my mind that I would never save money and eat whatever I get.
My desire to eat and ask my colleagues to bring some snacks for me in the office till day are the result of this incident.
On that day I came to know the meaning of "Pocket Money". It was not that I didn't get money from home for my expenses, but I used to get it in a little different way. My dad never gave me money at the beginning of the month. I used to get money through service. Yes, you heard true.
In our house, I am the youngest child and I was supposed to run here and there to bring whatever item was asked to me. So, everyday, I rode to nearby shopping center and fetch two pouches of milk. It cost me sixteen rupees per litre and I was given twenty rupees. I used to keep the change with me. Same way I could save another four rupees in the evening. This routine never stopped until I was in twelfth standard. I had a luxury to ride bicycle and hangout with my friends or to go to playground to play cricket for this small service which I loved to do.
I didn't have the piggy bank as my sister had. She had the habit of putting coins in the piggy bank. She asked me one day whether I wanted to give the money I had, to her, so that she could put it into her piggy bank. I said no. I don't the know reason, but I shied to keep money in that box thinking that only girls do such things, not boys.
One afternoon, I was coming back from school and saw a string of wallets hanging in the paan shop. Immediately, I stopped and parked my bicycle near to the shop. I asked the price of it and he told me sixty rupees. My heart started beating faster than it was a little before. To dispel the idea of buying a wallet, I said to myself that why should one spend money to save money. I took my bicycle and went off from there.
Next day in the school, I was looking out of the window at the person selling puffs and dabelis placed on a small table. I was waiting for the recess time. I rushed to that spot and told him to give me one puff. He asked for five rupees. While taking out the five one rupee coins from my pocket, I thought not to eat. I moved few steps back and paved way for other students to buy it. I sat down on a cement bench thinking about savings. I quickly decided that I would save eight rupees every day and wait until the amount sums up to hundred rupees such that even I would have hundred rupee note.
Like this I skipped my breakfast in recess time and sat under a tree thinking of only one thing - Hundred rupee note - for few days. I was hungry too, but pacified my heart saying that let me first complete my goal. I had already gathered sixty-six rupees and was near to my target. Nowadays, I was very active in saving every coin I could get from my home, no matter even if it was from a temple at home where my mom used to keep some change to please God. It was a bad habit to steal that money, but what could I do? What about my goal? Who would fulfill it other than God? So, I was at my ease of searching coins every day.
I went to shop, as usual in the evening, to get milk. By this time I saved seventy rupees. Only thirty rupees was left to fulfill my goal. On the same day I was supposed to go to mobile shop to get the mobile cover for my brother's cell phone. I had confidence that I would bargain with the shopkeeper and save ten rupees from this it. When the shopkeeper showed me the cover and agreed to give me for ninety rupees - my brother gave me hundred rupees - I was glad.
I surfed my pockets for some time and found that I had lost all my money. Shopkeeper understood the situation and took back the mobile cover from my hand. My eyes welled up with tears. I was not worried whether my brother would scold me or not. The thing which made me weak was those seventy rupees which I saved after staying hungry during recess time. From that day, I made up my mind that I would never save money and eat whatever I get.
My desire to eat and ask my colleagues to bring some snacks for me in the office till day are the result of this incident.
nice one Amit :)
ReplyDeleteactually i want to tell u something.
In jainism holy book named is "kalpasutra", the god Mahavir Swami told us the Don't run for money just build good KARMA for you. if ur KARMA is good then you can get easily money and achieve your goal and dream .
Have a nice day!